- An Ability to Read Blueprints able to read blueprints quickly and easily and understand how the information presented affects a project.
- Clean and Prepare Surfaces– prepare surfaces for paint by cleaning, ensuring a smooth surface and drying prior to applying paint.
- Awareness of Safety Standards
- Concentration: The ability to give your attention fully to a project for long periods of time, and remain committed to your work while ensuring all aspects are completed correctly.
- Quality and Detail-Orientation: able to review a drawing or inspection document and verify that the item, body, etc.… has been made or assembled to specification prior to painting
- Good Eyesight
- Ability to Sand: Ability to use a dual action sander when required for preparation prior to painting.
- Ability to Paint: Ability to paint without quality errors such as runs or light spots. Plural system experience a plus.
- Ability to measure and mix for paint preparation: Ability to measure and mix in accordance with specifications.
- Knowledge of Tools and Equipment: Such as paint sprayers, dual action sanders, paint thickness gauge, etc.…
- Experience in automotive or industrial equipment painting
- Experience wet painting using a gun
- Ability to differentiate between colors
- Ability to work on multiple priorities with frequent interruptions
- Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment
- Ability to work with all levels of employees
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Willingness to accept change