Works on the day to day Engineering and Design activities for the company. Ensures that engineering specifications, purchasing/outsourcing drawings and processes are up to date. Helps to manage engineering processes and business systems to assure that the company is capable of delivering its products at the lowest total cost. Supports company wide development and implementation of advanced business concepts. Serves as the primary Engineering and Research and Development resource on new product development, modifications and launches as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and administer advanced tools and leading edge concepts in engineering, manufacturing and supplied items.
- Serve as the center of expertise for training/development of other associates in the engineering and product functionality areas.
- Lead or participate as appropriate in complex problem resolution processes within the manufacturing floor, engineering and purchasing.
- Works to capture year on year continuous improvement across the business in relation to the engineering function.
- Coordination of new program introduction and successful new component launches.
- Works cross-functionally to improve business processes which ultimately improve collection, organization, analysis, and storage of engineering and technical data.
- Dealing with customers directly on service issues and coordinating with manufacturing and business leadership to solve problems.
- Special projects, duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Skills, Experience and Competency Requirements:
- Associate or Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology would be preferred.
- Green belt, black belt, or quality certification preferred.
- 3 to 5 years engineering experience required. Experience in welding, fabrication, hydraulics or assembly areas preferred.
- Must be well versed on 3D CAD systems and standard design protocol. AutoCAD Inventor experience preferred.
- Strong leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation persuasion skills required.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Ability to persuade/convince.
- Strong presentation & writing skills to all management levels required.
- Strong PC skills required.