Experienced with MIG and TIG welding. Part set up and finish welding experience desired.
- Opportunities in both full and part time.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated record of reliable job attendance.
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine material requirements and task sequences.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or sub-units, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches and hand tools.
- Locate and mark work piece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as; brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical arc welding and cutting; plasma arc welding, stick welding, gas torch cutting and welding.
- Ability to operate mobile industrial lift equipment- fork trucks, stand up lift.
- Knowledge of safe work practices and use of personal protective equipment.
- 2-3 years relevant experience.