Entry-Level Draftsman that will be responsible for working closely with Design & Layout Engineers to create new and modify existing 2D and 3D drawings and models to support shop job packages. Follows detailed instructions and procedures for assembling the shop build packages. Performs detailing, redrawing, lettering, and tracing of elementary mechanical, hydraulic and electrical engineering drawing on components, assemblies, and engineering change orders from given data such as previous drawings, layouts, detailed sketches, notes, verbal instructions and standard references where work is checked frequently. This work will also include working within our ERP software to create and maintain part numbers, descriptions and additional engineering functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create 2D and 3D drawings and models in Solid Works.
- Update and maintain parts contained within our ERP software
- Prepare the job packets that are sent to the shop floor for production.
- Organize and maintain all drawings and models contained in our library.
- Assist with the coordination of new program introduction and successful new component launches.
- Works cross-functionally to improve business processes which ultimately improve collection, organization, analysis, and storage of engineering and technical data.
- Assist with dealing with manufacturing issues as the might arise. Work as the shop liaison between manufacturing and the engineering department.
- Special projects, duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Skills, Experience and Competency Requirements:
- High school diploma, CAD certificate or equivalent experience.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and MS Operating system with intermediate or better proficiency.
- Proficient in Solid Works or equivalent 3D CAD package.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong presentation & writing skills to all management levels required.
- Strong PC skills required.